Paint Color Advice for Room With Blue Carpet

My carpets are blue. What color on the wall would go with blue? The carpet is not a light blue or dark blue, just maybe a medium blue. Thanks.

By Linda from Lexington,TN

Answers:

Paint Color to Coordinate with Medium Blue Carpet

I would think that a very light gray or a yellow in the same hue (i.e. confederate blue + cornflower yellow or sky blue + golden yellow). (11/29/2009)

By courtqueen

What color are the other things in the room: sofa, chair, coffee table, curtains, picture frames? Are there lots of pictures: are frames wood, gold, silver? What do you want to feel in the room? Cool and calm, warm and cozy, etc. How much do you use the room, lots of kids? How big is it. Do you have knick-knacks?

You can do a lot of things with any color, but color always fits in a context. Basically you want to accent what you like, ignore what you don't, but can't change, but not overwhelm anything. If you have 3 or 4 colors going already in your stuff, don't add a 5th color. Use some shade of what you own that goes with blue, as well. (11/29/2009)

By PIKKA

I just painted my bedroom, which has a medium blue carpet, gold and color washed a lighter shade of gold over it. It looks wonderful. It has a warm feel, but doesn't look as dark as I feared it would. (12/03/2009)

By Beth

Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
a woman looking at paint swatches.
Paint Color to Coordinate With Rust Colored Carpet
🎉
🎄