Paint Color Ideas for Kitchen Cabinets

I want to paint my cabinets in my kitchen. The countertops are a soft white and the appliances are black. There is an island in the middle. Would you paint the base of the island the same color as the cabinets? My style is very simple and clean (like Pottery Barn). The floors are a dark chocolate brown. I'm wondering if the cabinets should be white, chocolate brown, or black?

By Cbaird

Answers:

Paint Color Ideas for Kitchen Cabinets

My mother the gardener says that green goes with anything because it's the color of leaves. Or what other main color do you use in your home? I try to carry my main colors throughout my house to give it consistency and continuity.

I'd bring some color in there. When I think Pottery Barn I think beachy-wear look. How about a gorgeous sea blue green?

Good Luck! (04/26/2010)

By metroplex

Paint Color Ideas for Kitchen Cabinets

With a dark floor and dark appliances, I believe white is your best choice for cabinets. It will lighten up the room and you will love it. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Connie (04/26/2010)

By packlestax

Paint Color Ideas for Kitchen Cabinets

I would go with white for the cabinets and perhaps make the island stand out with a different glaze on top of the white. For the walls, I would go with a celery or sage green to add a little color while still keeping it clean looking. Here's a good link on painting cabinets:

oldhouseweb.com (04/27/2010)

By Allison5

Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎄