Paint Color Ideas for Kitchen with Black Appliances

I have a very old off-yellow counter top, black appliances, and white cabinets. I'm painting my kitchen which is the same yellow that it was 7 years ago when I moved into our home. I can't stand the colors, looks like a bumble bee. I am looking to repaint the kitchen and need to know what color and what color cabinets.

By Michele from Warner Robins, GA

Answers:

Can you switch out the countertop? Otherwise, perhaps a burgundy or cranberry, but it would have to be the right tone and then you'll have lots of colors going on in one room. (03/04/2010)

By Allison5

I would go with an apple green on the walls. It complements the black and the off yellow and looks fresh and not bumble bee like. There is a great, I think Waverly, print that has a black background with green leaves and yellow flowers (with other colored flowers) that I have always loved, and I thought of that immediately when I saw your post. Happy painting! (03/05/2010)

By Ginnywest

A sage green would be more in balance with the "old yellow" counter top if I have the counters pictured correctly. I wouldn't want to use a bright green only to find out it brings them out even more. Some burgundy touches would bring the black appliances in with rest of your kitchen. You might consider two layer ragging or another treatment like that on the walls above the "old yellow" counter top with a gold and second color (such as burgundy) to make them blend in instead of standing alone.
You could always go with the old standby of woodtones, browns, beiges, etc. (03/07/2010)

By latrtatr

I would either paint the cabinets a soft cream with a hint of yellow. That way they blend with the counter top, but are still fairly neutral. Or you could do them in a warm wood tone. (I wouldn't recommend a red toned wood color.) I took my cabinets from white to a medium wood tone with a chocolate glaze over them and everyone loves them. The sage green mentioned above would go with either look. Then you could choose some accents in black, your counter top color, burgundy, etc. (03/08/2010)

By PDG

Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
🎉
🎄