Paint Color for Green Carpet

I have dark green carpet throughout my home. I want to paint our bedroom and adjoining bath. What colors would go with the carpet? Our walls are all white with white trim now.

Patricia from Louisiana

Answers:

Paint Color for Green Carpet

Maybe you could inquire about a dye that can be sprayed, or a paint that would allow you to stencil a pattern randomly throughout the house. (07/20/2007)

By pam

Paint Color for Green Carpet

Go to a bookstore or library and find a copy of Ann Kullberg's "Colored Pencil Portraits." The cover colors offer some choices since hunter green is in the trees on the cover. While you are in the art section look through books for drawings or paintings which feature dark green (landscape paintings would be good) and see which ones you like. Light gray often accompanies dark green in nature, really light.

What theme are you working for: warmth, soothing, pretty? Rugs are a good way to tie things together, or paintings. You don't have to buy them, just find ones you like for possible color combinations. Are there dark green trees in your neighborhood? Do you like what you see around them, or would you prefer them in a different setting? It's all about you and how you react to your environment. As a last resort, think of it as grass. (07/21/2007)

By PIKKA

Paint Color for Green Carpet

I know someone who used white paint and added a few drops of green so it is a very light green you don't notice. It just ties their hunter green carpet together with the walls in your mind. I hope this helps! (07/25/2007)

Paint Color for Green Carpet

I think yellow walls would look good with a green carpet (think sunflowers). (07/27/2007)

By Maryeileen

Paint Color for Green Carpet

My fiance (now my husband) has that ugly green carpet which he chose before I met him. He replaced the cream carpets because he said it hides dirt. We are trying to sell it so I don't want to replace it. I painted the walls a medium taupe color because it warms up the green and takes away the stark contrast which only shows the green more. Second, I plan to buy curtains (I am thinking a sophisticated plaid) with hints of green in it. (01/09/2008)

By lisa vernon

Paint Color for Green Carpet

We have hunter green carpet throughout our whole home. We painted our living room yellow and have a peach colored wall that goes into our dining room. (04/27/2008)

By Janet Eades

Paint Color for Green Carpet

I just painted my walls beige and it looks great with a semi white trim. (02/27/2009)

By CHUCK

Paint Color for Green Carpet

We have hunter green carpet in our house. We just painted an accent wall in our combination dining room/living room. We used a brownish/reddish/orangeish color called "Villa Torlonia" from Ralph Lauren (might be able to get a very similar color in another brand). Although I still haven't decided what shade of yellow/gold/tan to put on the other 3 walls, the accent wall looks GORGEOUS. Everyone really likes it. (09/29/2009)

By Olive P

Paint Color for Green Carpet
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Green Carpet
a woman looking at paint swatches.
Paint Color to Coordinate With Rust Colored Carpet
🎉
🎄