Paint Color to Coordinate with Red Furniture

I have red furniture, not bright red. I need some ideas for living room wall colors that would coordinate with red furniture.

By Ramona from Detroit, MI

Answers:

White will go good with any color or a light beige, good luck. (04/24/2010)

By kffrmw88

I would go with a soft taupe or beige color, a little bit deeper in tone, but not dark. It will give you some contrast and then you could find some toss pillows that have the two colors and throw on the furniture to pull it together. If you have trim or molding, try a semi gloss white to add further contrast. I have seen this combination in furniture showrooms and it looks nice. (04/24/2010)

By Amy3e

I'm with doing the taupe too, not too dark. It will provide a good solid blank canvas you can work well with and not be overwhelming to your room.

Do you have another color/s you use throughout your house? Try to incorporate these colors for a look of continuity and consistency throughout your house. Depending on your light, a soft, soft gold would look nice.

Also, take into consideration the amount of light you get in your room. Artificial light? Natural light? You'll have to check your colors in quite large 3' x 3' samples of paint on your walls to make up your mind.
(04/26/2010)

By metroplex

How about a silver grey color or tan? I read that grey is the "new" color for spring. You could add darker grey, black, or white as accent colors. (04/27/2010)

By mulberry204

Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
a woman looking at paint swatches.
Paint Color to Coordinate With Rust Colored Carpet
🎄