Paint Won't Stick to Walls Treated for Mold

I had my bedroom wall treated for damp and mould a few months back and it seemed to cure the problem. However I've recently decorated with emultion paint, but noticed the paint won't stay on in the areas that were treated. I'm not sure what was used to treat the mould/damp, but wondered what I can do to cover the walls now?

By Sarah

I think you should contact the company that did the treatment and find out what they used, and if they know how to deal with the problem. If they are not helpful, contact a paint company, armed with the info you have gotten from the mold treatment people, and find out what product they might have or what you might have to do to prep the walls for paint. It may be as simple as using a good primer. Here in North America, we have a paint called Kiltz (I think that is how it is spelled) that is useful for these sorts of things. I think you are somewhere else, however, as we do not talk of emulsion paint.

Hi Sarah - The simple solution would be to use an oil based primer and paint over.