Paint on Leather Jacket

How do I clean white paint off a leather jacket? I don't know what kind of paint it is.

Carol from Victoria, BC

Answers:

Paint on Leather jacket

Isopropyl worked on my black leather jacket for interior latex white paint. I applied it lightly with a Q-tip and gently rubbed. Very minimal leather dye transfer. I then put a bit of olive oil on a cloth and 're-constituted' the leather. You can't really tell. I would recommend against nail polish remover. I tested it and it was almost destructive on the leather. You can definitely tell where the nail polish remover went on in my test spot. (02/19/2008)

By Dave

Paint on Leather jacket

If it is a latex water based paint, you might try hot water on a cloth to soften the paint. It should then come off with gentle rubbing or your fingernail. If it is not water based, you will have to use a solvent which I would apply with a Q-tip, as the solvent will likely change the color of the leather. Using a leather oil or cleaner afterward will likely make this color change less noticeable. (02/20/2008)

By MW

Paint on Leather jacket

I got white paint (strip about the size of two index fingers) on my black leather jacket. Baby oil didn't work but isopropyl ("rubbing") alcohol did. Try to use a minimal amount. I'll see what it looks like in the morning but I'll probably have to recondition it. (02/27/2008)

By Wayne

Paint on Leather jacket

Methylated spirits (fondue fuel) works very well to clean leather. It dries it out a bit, but conditioning it brings it right back. Artists use it to prep before painting leather sometimes. Note: It's called all kinds of different things in different countries, so I would Wikipedia it to see what it's called in your country. Good luck. (04/19/2008)

By kk

Paint on Leather jacket

Use "Goof Off"! I managed to get white paint on my red DKNY leather coat. Two weeks had passed when I stumbled upon a bottle of "Goof Off" in my basement. I applied a little on a cotton ball, dabbed it on the paint, and used a clean cotton ball to remove the liquid. And trust Me, GOOF OFF worked beautifully! It didn't even dry out the area or the leather. (09/26/2008)

By DC

Paint on a Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Girl wearing a leather jacket.
Caring for a Leather Jacket
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄