Paint on Leather jacket

Paint on Leather jacket

Try using plain isopropyl alcohol. If it is latex (or acrylic) is should help in dissolving the paint. I dropped some lime green acrylic on a good pair of Levis and didn't notice it until the next day. I poured the alcohol on the spot, let it set for a few seconds, then with my fingernail, gently began scrubbing. It took a couple of times of pouring a little on to the spot, but it came completely out. I'm a decorative painter, so you can imagine how excited I became. I started going through some of my clothes that had drops of paint on them and just about every one came clean.

Hope this works for you.
Kimberly P

By Kimberly P

Paint on Leather jacket

Goo-Gone... it works miracles

By Susan

Paint on Leather jacket

I would try "dabbing" it with a black magic marker, to see if it covers up the spot.

By FrugalFriend

Paint on Leather jacket

What is "rubbing" alcohol? Does it have another name?
(b)Editor's Note(/b) It is isopropyl alcohol.

By Kirst

Paint on Leather jacket

There are some paints that rubbing alcohol doesn't dissolve very well. I've used a Q-tip dipped in lacquer thinner to get tough paint spots off leather but I don't know if that type of thinner will effect synthetics.

By Brian

Paint on Leather jacket

Today I leaned against a freshly painted post on the the subway platform and got green paint all down the sleeve of my brown leather jacket. One hour later, I rubbed some baby oil directly onto the affected areas and with moderate scrubbing got ALL the pain out.

By Shocked

Paint on a Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Girl wearing a leather jacket.
Caring for a Leather Jacket
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄