Paint on Polyester

Can anyone please advise about removing dried in eggshell (oil based) paint from a polyester jacket.

Virginia from UK

Answers:

Paint on Polyester

Try using WD40 on it. Spray and let it sit about 30 minutes and then launder.Works for me! (04/06/2007)

By busdrivr

Paint on Polyester

I was a painting contractor and the product they are talking about is denatured alcohol and I think it might melt your jacket so be careful.
(04/07/2007)

By denise warner

Paint on Polyester

I removed oil paint (which dried in overnight) from my polyester North Face jacket using the above method. The paint thinner worked beautifully. I simply doused a few paper towels and it removed the oil paint instantly. The hard part is removing the odor from the fabric. Good Luck. (10/14/2007)

By Joseph from Jersey

Paint on Polyester

Thank you for all the valuable advice. I eventually succeeded by using WD40 and rolling the fabric in my fingers. It took ages but the paint gradually came off. I had to wash the jacket 2 or 3 times to get the WD40 out. Thanks! (10/15/2007)

By Virginia2

Paint on Polyester
Polyester Fabric
Dyeing Polyester
A woman ironing clothing.
Ironing Polyester Clothing and Fabric
Ironing Polyester
Removing Shiny Iron Marks on Polyester Clothing
Polyester Fabric Squares
Making a Rug from Polyester Fabric Squares
🎉
🎄