Painting A Room Two Colors

How do I paint a room two colors? I would like to use blue and brown for a large bedroom with lots of light. Do I paint one wall brown and the others blue? Or should I just use two tones of brown. I am using a Southwestern style with some denim pillows, leather pillows, etc. Please give me your suggestions.

Jennie from North Carolina

Answers:

Painting A Room Two Colors

Why not do each wall split in half between the two colors. Paint blue on top then, brown on the bottom. Then run a chair rail boarder with a southwestern print in the center to help divide the two but, still look interesting. I love the theme you're doing. Those colors are so soothing. (10/07/2008)

By theseamstress

Painting A Room Two Colors

Depending on how much energy you have, also time and money there are several ways to go. One is to paint the wall a light beige. Then get a different shade of brown or try blue glaze and use it as a wash. Next, using a rag make designs on the wall. You could buy a gold glaze to put on top. Another option is to paint the room one color and one wall a different shade or different color. You can paint the doors a different color, as well as the trim. You can paint the room say brown with blue accents in the room and maybe blue and beige drapes. You could paint stripes on the wall somthing that seems to be the thing to do now. Try going on line to Better Homes and Gardens, they also can give you ideas or any major place where you buy paint.

There is just so much to do it's a lot of fun to look around and see what you can find. Oh, I almost forgot, if you have older furniture you can paint it also. I have a beautiful black table. I painted it black first, then bought stencils you can rub on or gold decals. Then I painted over it with something to seal it. Have you heard of shabby chic? Try looking that up online. I love it and it is so much fun. Finally, do not forget you can use more then two colors when you try to match your accessories. Best of luck in whatever you do. (10/08/2008)

By Darlene

Painting A Room Two Colors

I painted my living room 2 different colors and the best suggestion I can give you re: preventing one color of paint bleeding onto another is to use Frog tape to mark your edges. It's green, the edge of it swells when it makes contact with paint to prevent leaks. It worked alot better than the blue 3-M tape for me. Cut in the colors with a narrow foam brush with just a tiny bit of paint on the brush, if you glop it on, it's far more likely to bleed.

You could either paint the room half and half as others have suggested, or paint all walls the same color with exception of the headboad wall, where you could have a different color as your accent wall. Since you have a Southwestern theme, you might try doing a leather paint effect on your walls with a base coat and glaze. My understanding is that you paint on your base coat, maybe a khaki, and then roll on a layer of glaze perhaps, chocolate. Then remove part of the glaze with a plastic bag, which creates crinkles and details. Good luck and have fun. (10/09/2008)

By sigma28

Painting A Room Two Colors

I did my living room in 2 colors and love it. I did opposing walls navy and the other opposing walls cream. I also did sponge painting in my bathroom to get 2 different colors in there and that looks good also. I love the idea of the 1/2 colors on top and bottom with the chair rail that is posted above. I may end up trying that next. (10/09/2008)

By Lois

Painting A Room Two Colors
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Living Room 2 Different Colors
Painting a Living Room 2 Different Colors
Couple Painting a Room Quickly
Painting a Room Quickly
Couple Painting Each Room a Different Color
Painting Each Room a Different Color
🎉
🎄