Painting Advice for a Bathroom

I am helping a friend remodel her master bathroom. The sink: white, counter top: granite, black with small blue flecks, walls: light gray. My question is: We cannot decide what color to paint the existing cupboard/drawers under the sink to match the black counter top. We don't like white. Any suggestions? Thank you for any input you give.

By Shirley R. from Chico, CA

Answers:

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

I suggest you use a dark maple color. You may need to put clear varnish over it after it dries, that's what we have. I love it, easy to keep clean, good luck. (09/09/2009)

By kffrmw88

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

Either paint the same color as the walls or match the blue specks in the granite countertop. (09/09/2009)

By Deeli

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

Hi from a fellow Chicoan. I too suggest matching the blue flecks in the granite or maybe matching the light gray of the walls? (09/11/2009)

By Lynn from CA

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

I have had a black and red bathroom for over 30 years. Black and gray and red go so good together. (09/11/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

While I agree with those who would match the blue flecks, if they are dark or medium blue, I suggest a soft, light blue in the same color family. As someone suggested, get some paint chip samples, in shades of blue from dark to light. In a smaller room, the shade you choose will look somewhat darker on the wall than the paint chip appears. Good luck. Sarsi (09/11/2009)

By Sarsi

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

How about a distressed (soft) black cabinet with knobs in the same metal tone as your faucet? This way it doesn't stand out, but still looks nice. I'd use the blue in the counter top as one of your accent colors. (09/13/2009)

By PDG