Painting After Removing Wallpaper

I removed the wallpaper and I want to use Magnolia to paint the wall. What can I do first? What kind of paint can I use after having removed the wall paper?

By Antonio

Answers:

Painting After Removing Wallpaper

I would lightly sand the walls to make sure all the wallpaper glue is off them, then depending on condition of the wall, you may want to prime them first. Then apply the paint. It should come out good and the primer will insure your paint goes on smoothly and evenly. Good luck. (05/18/2010)

By Amy3e

Painting After Removing Wallpaper

Also make sure you've taken off all the thin white paper that was on the back of the wallpaper. It's a pain, but it can mess up your paint job if it's still on there. Use a good primer and a good paint (from a paint store, even though it costs more it will last longer). (05/18/2010)

By Allison5

Painting After Removing Wallpaper
Two women removing wallpaper.
Painting After Removing Wallpaper
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎉
🎄