Painting Appliances

Can l use a roller to paint appliances? I need to paint a refrigerator and stove hood. I've had trouble in the past getting an even look with spray paint, so do not want to use that!

Thanks,
Gail from Florida

Answers:

Painting Appliances

A long time ago, I had an old pink fridge that I painted with a thick nap roller and enamel paint. I painted it off white, and it turned out really good. Much better than the ugly pink that's for sure. I don't remember what type of paint I used, just that it was enamel based and that I let it dry for a while. We also had a rusty upright freezer that we covered with contact paper to hide the rust. (12/13/2006)

By Jess

Painting Appliances

I have used Melamine paint and a sponge roller on both my frig and a stove hood. Both of them worked well. My frig is now on it's 12th year with white paint. I've also painted a floor and counter tops. On them I used at least two coats of urethane as a topcoat. For the counter I just used latex paint with two coats of topcoat and it is only a year old but still looks great. (12/20/2006)

By Connie from Canada