Painting Appliances

Painting Appliances

I'm renovating my kitchen on a tight budget. I'm tired of the ugly old looking fridge that came with the house. I was going to go and buy all new appliances for my kitchen. Of course, I changed my mind. I'm glad I did.

I opted to spray paint my fridge. It looks amazing! People can't tell the difference. Which I love. FYI If you're able to spray paint outside please do. I had black paint all over my house. It took me 2.5 hrs to clean it all up. So, I got a new fridge for under $15. By the way, I used 2 cans of spray.

By fashionista_dc from Washington, DC

Answers:

Painting Appliances

Yes there's a special paint. You have to use "Epoxy paint"; (brand: Rust Oleum from Lowe's). (04/23/2009)

By fashionista_dc

Painting Appliances

I also painted my refrigerator out of necessity. My vinyl coated white fridge was showing rust spots. I spray painted it with the new Rustoleum product that is good for everything. I shielded the rest of the kitchen with polyethylene so there was not too much overspray. I did this in December and it still looks great. This saved the cost of buying a new fridge for a couple of years, I hope! (04/25/2009)

By Cyndi D.

Painting Appliances

Our daughter painted the fridge and dishwasher, using melamine paint. It looks really nice, saved cost of replacement. (04/25/2009)

By gollyg

Painting Appliances

I have also covered a frig with wall paper. Get a heavy weight that is pre-pasted, nothing flocked or real fancy as far as pattern matching. (05/01/2009)

By Jcerar

Painting Appliances
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Stainless Steel Dishwasher
Converting Appliances to Stainless Steel
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
Home Appliances
Saving Money on Home Appliances
🎉
🎄