Painting Glass Lamps

Category Painting
A clear glass lamp.
Glass lamps are a great decor item that can easily be customized by being painted to your liking. This is a guide about painting glass lamps.

I have two beautiful crackled glass lamps that I bought back in the early 1990s. Unfortunately, I bought them in a lovely shade of pink to match my blue and mauve decor (very "in" back then!) I would like to update them if possible. Is there a type of translucent paint that would work on glass? Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

Susan from VA

There is craft paint made especially for glass which you could use - You could even sponge it all over the lamp - Or another option would be to buy the "stone" or "granite" finish sprays at the hardware store. I think they would work on glass, too. Check the instructions.

There is a spray paint which is transparent available especially for glass. I'm not sure of the brand name - I'll try to find out and post later. This paint will change the colour of the glass, but will still allow the crackled look to remain. I have used this paint to spray clear glass bottles.

Brenda

I would wrap and glue sisal rope around them for an earthy, organic look. kudos for recycling them!

Another idea which will ruin the transparency but can change the color. Take it apart, plugging one end with paper towel or a cork and pour paint inside. Tip it and roll it around so that all of the inside is covered with the paint and let any extra paint drain out. It will still be shiny glass outside but will be a different color.

Susan