Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

Cherry Colored Cabinets
Cherry Colored Cabinets

I need help choosing a color for my kitchen. I have darker cherry colored cabinets. Any suggestions? Thanks.

By Dooner from Las Vegas, NV

Answers:

Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

You have a perfect "blank slate". The cabinets and floor are neutral, so you can use any color you want.
Just pick your favorite color and use a light to medium shade of that. I personally prefer green, sage green or a soft lime green would look great.
The only thing you might need to consider is the color of any room that is adjacent to the kitchen. (09/25/2009)

By Southern Saver

Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

My daughter and son-in-law are working on this house and painted the walls this warm light terra cotta color that goes well with the dark woodwork. This picture is not very accurate, but it's just to give you an idea what it can look like. (09/26/2009)

By emmamamie

RE: Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

I think a dark green would be absolutely beautiful. (09/26/2009)

By kflawson

Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

Definitely your favorite color in an eggshell tone or cream. What lovely cabinets. You just don't want to have too dark of a wall color because the cabinets and flooring are dark. (09/26/2009)

By Deeli

Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

I agree with the other suggestions of color. I was thinking of something in the red, maroon, or dark terra cotta. You've got the overhead lighting and can "punch" with white platters, etc. above the cabinets and what a stand out that would be. Please respond to this question with a picture of the finished kitchen.(09/26/2009)

By mom of towers

Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

Most of the big paint companies have virtual rooms you can paint online so that you can get an idea of what it will look like before hand, like Benjamin Moore. You get to select the room and then they have like 8 different kitchens, bedrooms, baths, etc. You pick the one you want to use and change the cabinets to your color and then go from there.

I used this when I added the addition to my house a few years ago and it was a big help. Good luck on the kitchen. (09/26/2009)

By caraing

Painting Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets

Personally, I love HGTV, I've seen a lot of decorating shows. I suggest a yellow or cream color myself. The yellow would probably make it more perky and not like all white. (10/05/2009)

By rosefroggie

Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎉
🎄