Painting Walls Different Colors in a Bedroom

I am painting my son's room and want am using a dark blue and grey combination. Which wall(s) would you typically paint the blue?

Lynn from N. Potomac, MD

Answers:

Hi Lynn, I would paint the "feature" wall the dark blue; the wall that you want to draw the most attention to. I have been using the site behr.com they have a "workshop" that you can pick out your paint colors then pick out a sample room and "paint" the walls with your choices to see how it looks. It has been very helpful to me and is really kind of fun! (01/08/2007)

By Persnickety Paula

Depends. If your room is dark and needs light, paint the wall which will reflect the most light into the room from a window or door the lightest grey. Remembering that dark blue will bring the wall into the room more, sort of closing in on you, I'd paint only "one" wall that color. I've had it before and used white furniture against it and it was striking! Hope you're going nautical? Those are great colors with
accents of red and gold here and there, and brass hardware, lamps, drawer pulls, etc.

God bless you. (01/26/2007)

By Lynda

Paint the walls with the windows in the lighter color. When the sun shines in and the wall is very dark it may look black. I know this because I painted the wrong wall in a deep burgundy. (02/02/2007)

By Lisa from WI