Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

How should mobile home wallboard be treated before painting?

Shae from Mooresville, NC

Answers:

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

It's a great look, Shae. Check with your local hardware store? The staff are usually quite knowledgeable. As far as I recall, all we did was make sure the wallboard was clean.

Good luck!

Rose Anne (11/02/2006)

By wordswork

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

From our experience. You need a good primer like Klitz or Oops. We painted it with that and then painted a color and they look great. (11/02/2006)

By Michele

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

I like semi-gloss. So, take some light sandpaper, scuff the wall board a little. I used mildew proof semi-gloss on kitchen and bath. And had no trouble. Just on the first painting, you'll have to do two layers to allow for soaking in. I've also painted paneling like this. (11/02/2006)

By glinda

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

Kilz now comes in colors so you don't have to prime then paint again. I used it in my kitchen and loved it. Wal-mart carries it. I don't know who else does. (11/03/2006)

By Carla

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

Zinser makes a primer called BIN. I have used it to prime everything from unfinished wood to formica. It works like a charm and the paint sticks like white on rice. So very worth the price! Get it at Home Depot and Lowes. Maybe other places too. (11/08/2006)

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

WOW! I didn't know that Killz comes in colors! Thanks for that info!! :) (11/08/2006)

By Ariela

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

Kilz in colors works well and I have also used a Ralph Lauren from Home Depot ($5 Oops can) of sand paint. That was amazing one coat coverage and looked beautiful! Best wishes!! (11/14/2006)

By LindaLou

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING THIS OURSELVES. WE JUST PAINTED RIGHT OVER THE WALLS.IT LOOKS GOOD.AND JUST A THOUGHT DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN ACTUALLY HAVE THE KILZ OR PRIMER TINTED A SPECIFIC COLOR? WOULDN'T NECESSARILY NEED TO BUY PAINT THEN (11/15/2006)

By IMAQT1962

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

Does Killz need to be sanded or smoothed or what ever? Once on the wall isn't it sort of powerdy, doesn't it show powerdy on your hand when touched? (11/15/2006)

By Ariela

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

KILZ IS JUST LIKE USING PAINT. IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE SMOOTHED OR SANDED AND WON'T BE POWDERY UNLESS YOU'VE SANDED IT(WHICH YOU DON'T NEED TO DO)IF YOU SAND ANYTHING YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TAKE A CLOTH AND WIPE IT OFF.

OUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE TINTED OUR KILZ FOR US BECAUSE WE WANTED A SPECIFIC COLOR,THEY HAD A MACHINE THAT IF YOU TOOK SOMETHING IN OR PICKED A COLOR FROM A COLOR CHART THEY CAN MATCH IT. WE DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO PAINT OVER IT AND YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL IT WAS A PRIMER AND NOT A PAINT (11/16/2006)

By

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

Does Klitz primer come in Semi- Gloss? The Mobile Home we are buying is very smoked damage from the lady smoking Cigarettes. I was told to use the Klitz primer then paint over it but I can get it in Semi- Gloss that would be a big help and cheaper on us. I like the shine from the Semi-Gloss plus you can wipe it off. Please let me know if anyone can help us on this little project.
Thank You,
(11/21/2006)

By Tammy

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

I would also like to know if Kilz comes in semi-gloss or if
semi-gloss paint can be added to it to get the sheen or something else can be done to get the ease of cleaning, thanks. (11/21/2006)

By Ariela

Painting Walls in a Mobile Home

We are moving into a modular home where heavy smokers lived. Can you paint the walls of a modular home? Or will it leave wrinkles in the wall? How do I go about doing this? My email address is southernvkb AT hotmail.com (11/09/2007)

By Vickie Brooks

Painting Walls
Painting Walls in a Mobile Home
Mobile Homes in Snow
Winterizing Your Mobile Home
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Condensation in Mobile Home
Condensation in Mobile Home
🎉
🎄