Painting Walls with Dark Oak Cabinets

I would like advice on what color to paint my kitchen. I have dark oak cabinets, brown counter tops, and black appliances. The current paint color is chili pepper red. I love it, but I am wondering if I should go lighter.

Lori from Champlin, MN

Answers:

Painting Walls with Dark Oak Cabinets

It might not be a bad idea to go lighter, maybe cream or buttery yellow. Then you could accessorize with red. (12/06/2007)

By MartyD

Painting Walls with Dark Oak Cabinets

Sounds beautiful just the way it is. Some accessories in avocado green would give it a new look. (12/06/2007)

By perfume and powder

Painting Walls with Dark Oak Cabinets

I think maybe a Terra Cotta color on the walls and some gold or nice shade of yellow for more accesssories or
as a trim feature. Possibly one wall of the gold. I just painted my open floor plan home in a gold
and it has brightened my house exceptionally.

Charlies (12/07/2007)

By Charlies

Painting Walls with Dark Oak Cabinets

Dark cabinets are the new style now so you should be able to find several ideas you like at www.hgtv.com. I just love that site.

This time of year there are many ideas about decorating for the holidays, but if you search you'll find what you want.

I think I'd go lighter. I saw someone mentioned using avocado green as an accent. I would do that. I have avocado tiles in the kitchen and with my dark cabinets it looks dated. Again, I think cream for the walls or another light color.

Best of luck.
(12/11/2007)

By Carol in PA

Painting Walls with Dark Oak Cabinets
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painting Walls a Dark Color
Painting Walls a Dark Color
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
🎉
🎄