Painting a Bathtub

Can you paint an old bathtub? If so, what type of paint do you use, and how do you do it?

Vicki from Glendale, Arizona

Answers:

Painting a Bathtub

What about the drain? Does the silver turn white as well, or should I tape it? (11/26/2008)

By Heidi

Painting a Bathtub

Mark - I am actually researching the Tough as Tile and was curious how your job turned out? (01/12/2009)

By cruiserjen

Painting a Bathtub

We painted our tub about 10 yrs ago. It did not hold up. Right now I am trying to strip the parts of it that did not peel off, so we do not have to be charged for that part from the professionals. I wish we had gone to the professionals in the first place. When we bought the paint at the DIY place, the worker recommended against it. I wish we would've believed it. It is SO worth the money. It is so gross to have to fish paint chips out before you bathe your children. Go with the pros on this one! (01/28/2009)

By mf

Painting a Bathtub

Hi, I would like to paint my bathtub with porcelain gray paint. Where can I get that specific color? (01/28/2009)

By Flavio

An old clawfoot tub.
Painting a Bathtub
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
🎉
🎄