Painting a Wall Two Different Colors

My foyer and den which have approximately 20 foot walls. I would like to paint, but I want to divide the room in half top to bottom. Any ideas on using different shades of paint, borders, etc.?

Gilberto Gomez from El Paso, TX

Answers:

Painting a Wall Two Different Colors

I just saw a picture in a Menard's ad. The room was painted one color on top and another color on the bottom. They had molding down the center. Then they used molding to make squares along the bottom half of the room. It looked really nice. It was in this week's Menard's ad if you want to see it. (01/10/2006)

By jessiworm

Painting a Wall Two Different Colors

In a few of my rooms I have one color on the bottom and then at about chair rail height a border and then I finish with a lighter shade of the same color. You could also put up a chair rail to divide the colors, and it would be optional if you wanted wallpaper border as well. Just have fun playing around with it. (01/10/2006)

By washburn6394

Painting a Wall Two Different Colors

Go to a paint store and find a swatch in the colors you like. Paint one end of the room a slightly darker shade, the opposite end the darkest shade and all of the other walls the lightest shade.
Since they are color coordinated from the beginning, they will be harmonious. (01/11/2006)

By cookwie

Painting a Wall Two Different Colors
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Living Room 2 Different Colors
Painting a Living Room 2 Different Colors
🎄