Paper Bag for Small Recycling

I don't use plastic bags anymore, so everything I buy comes in paper bags. I use one paper bag for odds and ends of paper, such as labels from tin cans, receipts that I don't need to keep. I keep it by the back door so when it's full I fold over the top and off to the recycle bin it goes and it's so handy and after a while everybody in the house uses it. On top of that you don't have little pieces of paper in your blue box.

Source: Thought this one up all by myself.

By Barb from Calgary, Alberta

Answers:

Paper Bag for Small Recycling

Yep, I do something similar but use cereal, cracker etc boxes, then any little piece of paper (tabs from cookies boxes, pieces of scrap, I am a freak for recycling) go in the little box. (03/27/2008)

By michawnpita

Paper Bag for Small Recycling

So sensible, and so responsible. I've been putting my tea bag labels (when I don't use loose tea) and packets if they're paper in the recycle boxes, which are also blue in Sacramento. The bags go to compost, with the string if I chance the twine being natural.

With all the bits of paper thrown about, it's considerate to have them in one batch for the recyclers. (03/28/2008)

By peseta

Paper Bag for Small Recycling

Even using paper bags instead of plastic at the grocery store is harmful. Every year billions of trees are cut to produce those paper bags, and only those paper bags. It is better to use canvas reusable tote bags and just use a small 100% recycled plastic recycle bin. (06/04/2008)

By Sarah

Paper Bag for Small Recycling
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎄