Parakeet Is Losing Its Feathers

My parakeet is acting strange. I'm afraid he's got what my other parakeet died from - respiration problems (wheezing etc). The only signs he's showed are some loss of feathers around the eyes and from my sister's accounts - sitting on the bottom of the cage, but I'm not sure for how long. When she just told me this she said he was sick like the other one. How can I know for sure? My parents refusing to take him to the vet? :

Thanks again,
Jay

Answers:

Parakeet Is Losing Its Feathers

Are you using Lysol or some other form of anti-bacteria spray? If you are then stop. It is toxic to birds, lizards and other small animals. (09/20/2007)

By Dawn

Parakeet Is Losing Its Feathers

Sounds like he has mites go to Petsmart for some mite spray and spray your parakeet. Good luck. (12/15/2007)

By anne

Caring for Parakeets
Caring for Parakeets
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Parakeet
Parakeet Losing Its Feathers
Chicken
Chicken Pulling Out Its Feathers
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 11:53:25 AM on 10.0.1.151 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.