Pasta Fagioli

This a recipe that my MIL shared with me. It's her family's version of Pasta Fagioli. It's really inexpensive to make and tastes sooo good.

• 1 lb. Great Northern beans
  • 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
  • 2 Tbsp. salt
  • 1/2 Tsp. basil
  • 1/2 Tsp. oregano
  • 2 Tbsp. granulated or powdered garlic. (Not garlic salt)
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 1 box medium shell pasta
  • 4 qts. water

In a crock-pot, put in all ingredients except pasta. Cook in crock pot for 3-5 hours or until beans are to your desired consistency. In a separate pot on the stove, cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Add pasta to bowls and spoon bean mixture over pasta and mix well. Serve with warm bread or salad.

I love this meal and even my 3 year old daughter loves this. I love to add a couple of splashes of hot sauce to mine. Hope you all enjoy! :o)

By Denise from South West Florida

Pasta Fagioli

A cup of olive oil? I just want to make sure that isn't a typo before I try it. I have made other versions but never with that much oil. Thanx (11/05/2007)

By Dawn

Pasta Fagioli

Yep, One cup. I know it does sound like a lot but you really can't tell. You can always use less if you'd like! :) (11/05/2007)

By Denise

Pasta Fagioli

Is that a 1 pound bag of beans? If so, the only liquid called for is the olive oil in the crock pot? Thanks in advance.

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) The last ingredient is 4 quarts of water. (11/06/2007)

By Kate

Pasta Fagioli

Yes, that is one pound of DRY beans. Don't forget to add the water! :o) (11/06/2007)

By Denise F

Pasta Fagioli
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipes
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipes
Homemade Pasta Recipes
Homemade Pasta Recipes