Patchwork Card Gift Set
Use leftover pieces of pink patterned papers and a matching piece of leftover floral gift wrap to make this gift, to thank a special teacher for a job well done. The teacher can then use these cards for special occasions in her own life, such as birthday cards for friends or family.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 4 marbled cardstock in shades of pink and purple ~ each piece of cardstock must be 8.2 inches x 6 inches
- 24 leftover pieces of pink patterned papers, cut into squares sized 1.6 inches x 1.6 inches
- matching piece of leftover floral gift wrap
- flat-sided rhinestone beads
- ordinary printer paper
- matching decorative ribbon
- 4 matching purple marbled envelopes
- matching gift box
- Pilot silver marker pen
- craft glue
- Score each piece of marbled card stock length-wise to create a card sized 6 inches x 4.1 inches.
- With the fold at the top, position and glue the patterned papers nicely together in order to design a patchwork on each card.
- Using the silver marker pen, draw "stitches" onto the patchwork designs.
- Cut out flowers from the leftover piece of floral gift wrap ~ depending on the size of the flowers, use two to three flowers for each card.
- Glue the flowers onto the front of each card.
- Add a rhinestone bead to the center of each flower.
- For each card, glue a piece of ordinary printer paper to the inside of the card, where a message can be written by the teacher.
- Use a decorative ribbon to tie the cards and envelopes together, and pack into the gift box.
By BessieBessie from Pretoria, Gauteng
Add your voice to the conversation.