Patriotic Birthday Card
Use a combination of red, white, and blue card stock to make this card for the patriotic significant other in your life.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 piece - 8.2 x 6 inches, blue and white striped cardstock
- 1 piece - 3.6 x 5.4 inches, light blue marbled cardstock
- 1 piece - 3.1 x 4.5 inches, red corrugated cardstock
- 1 piece - 4.1 x 3 inches, blue cardstock
- 1 piece - 20 inches long by 0.2 inches wide of matching decorative red fabric ribbon
- 15 light blue glitter faceted crystal stickers
- 3 white paper flowers
- heart-shaped paper punch
- craft glue
- pattern edged scissors
- 1 matching light blue marbled envelope
- scissors or craft knife
- Score the blue and white striped cardstock length-wise to create a card sized 4.1 inches x 6 inches.
- Cut the light blue marbled cardstock slightly smaller with the pattern edged scissors.
- With the fold at the top, position and glue the light blue marbled cardstock to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Now use the red corrugated cardstock. Leaving a space of 0.5 inch from the outer edges of this piece, cut out the inside so that you will have a red frame.
- Position and glue the red corrugated frame to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Punch hearts from the blue card stock.
- Glue four hearts to the back of each paper flower.
- Glue the three paper flowers in place on the front of the card.
- Add red decorative fabric ribbon all around the red corrugated frame and cut off any protruding pieces.
- Add a glitter faceted crystal sticker to the center of each flower, as well as to the ribbon on each corner of the frame.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!