Pattern For A Granny Square Poncho

I am hoping someone out there will have a pattern for a Granny Square Poncho. I am looking for the one that uses two big Squares with maybe smaller squares for the shoulders. Or the one that uses just two big squares crocheted together. Right now Ponchos are the big thing for the teenage and twenty something girls and I would love to be able to make them for my 4 daughters for Christmas. Never to early to think of these things.

Deb in Colorado

Answers:

Pattern For A Granny Square Poncho

I have an idea. Take a big square of fabric (stretchy works best) and fold it so its a big triangle. Then, turn it upside down so that the tip is downwards. Then cut a semi-circle in the middle of the top. That's where your head will go. You're done. But you can also follow this instruction. If you want to add extra pizazz, make a fringe by cutting equal pieces at the edge of the fabric and tying them in a knot (it gives it the yarn look). (08/18/2004)

By Girly~Crafter!

Pattern For A Granny Square Poncho

There is a granny square poncho at http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-poncho.html. It is just like doing a big granny square with a hole in the middle. I redid mind so it didn't have the thing at the neck for the tie and it is perfect. Works up fast just like the squares and you can do it longer for bigger people. I used up all of my scraps on the first one and had people fighting over it. Enjoy. (09/20/2004)

By Alice

Pattern For A Granny Square Poncho

Try this site for many many great and best of all free patterns for everything that you can possibly try to crochet, including some of the more popular crochet ponchos and wraps:

www.crochetpatterncentral.com

and go to the pattern directory.

Happy Hooking, Ladies. (06/06/2005)

By Cheryl, Staten Island, NY