Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

Does anyone know where to get a pattern for the body of Cabbage Patch Kids?

By Kantuckee from KY

Answers:

Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

I have one for the soft sculptured body patterns here somewhere at my house. I bought it when my daughter was a small child and the dolls first hit the market. I would be glad to copy it for you and email it to you IF I can find it. You can let me know. It may take me a while to locate it in my sewing room, as it has not been used in a couple of decades! (05/01/2009)

By southeastgeorgiapeach

Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

I would love a copy of the pattern when you find it! Thanks, kantuckee (05/01/2009)

By kantuckee

Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

If southeastgeorgiapeach can't locate the pattern for you, there is an old (1984) Simplicity pattern #6999 called Precious Pals. It is supposed to be a Cabbage Patch Kids look-alike. The pattern includes sewing instructions to make a soft sculptured 18" doll and clothes. Since you only need the body, it should work for you. Unfortunately, you will probably have to pay for the pattern.

If you Google: "Precious Pals" Simplicity you will get several hits. Here is one link for you:
http://www.goantiques.com/detail,simplicity-6999-precious,1976492.html (05/02/2009)

By Anonymous

Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

Thanks for all the help! (05/03/2009)

By kantuckee

Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

I know that you probably thought that I had forgotten about the pattern but I just found the book today. Only trouble is the pattern pieces are in a big yellow envelope somewhere else. I still haven't found it yet. But here is the cover I scanned to show you that I really do have the book. I am going to the Antiques Roadshow next Saturday, June 27, in Raleigh, NC and am trying to figure what items I am going to take. I found the book today, quite by accident but wanted to followup with an email to you. If you no longer need it, let me know. So sorry for the delay in getting back with you. (06/18/2009)

By southeastgeorgiapeach

RE: Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid

Pattern for Cabbage Patch Kid
pattern books for making Cabbage Patch Kids and clothing
Cleaning Cabbage Patch Dolls
Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
Picking Blackberries
Killing Weeds in a Blackberry Patch
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
🎉
🎄