Pattern for Pioneer or Settlers Bonnet

I live in a developing nation in the South Pacific (Vanuatu). Craft materials are very limited. I bring in what I can when I visit my home country, but restrictions apply. Can anyone supply me with a pattern to make a Pioneer woman’'s bonnet. I think that you may call it an early settler’'s bonnet.

I have a small piece of stiffening for the wide brim. I guess that the bonnet has a circular/oval section at the back of the head and some gathered fabric coming forward towards the forehead and then, the brim. I have been making cloth dolls for the local children. They are made small (7 1/2 inches and smaller), as cotton fabric used for folk/Amish dolls/patchworking is as scarce as hens’ teeth. Many thanks for your great ideas. Happy crafting.

Editor's Note: This is a Australian Early Settlers Bonnet, not American. She says they look kind of like the bonnets in, Gone With The Wind.

Pattern for Pioneer or Settlers Bonnet

Do a search for "Amish headcovering". There are several sites that have bonnet patterns of various types. At least it might give you some ideas.

By Cantate

Pattern for Pioneer or Settlers Bonnet
Osage Orange Tree "Hedge Apple"
Growing an Osage Orange Tree "Hedge Apple"
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
wood toolbox
Pioneer Solutionism
Native American War Bonnet
Native American War Bonnet (Headdress) Patterns