Peach Melba Freezer Jam
Freezer jam is fast and easy to make. You don't cook anything, so the fruit tastes fresh and wonderful. It requires much less sugar, which is a big plus. It's very delicious and very pretty.
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, crushed, very ripe peaches
- 1 cup crushed raspberries (I use frozen, unsweetened ones)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 packet pectin for low/no sugar recipes
- Drop the peaches in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then remove and put in cold water. The skin should rub off easily.
- Remove the pit, and chop the fruit very fine. Put in a medium bowl and crush. You can use your hands, or a potato masher. You want small chunks of fruit, so don't puree.
- Thaw the berries and crush them. Mix the peaches, berries, and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, mix the sugar and the pectin thoroughly. Stir this into the fruit until completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Ladle into 8 ounce, plastic freezer jars, put on the lids, and let it sit for about an hour. Then freeze. It will keep in the freezer for at least a year, but it's so good, I bet it will be gone well before a year.
Source: The Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving.
By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
That sounds awesome!
Add your voice to the conversation.