Pen on a Leather Purse

Someone at my workplace drew a huge line of blue pen on my light pink, leather Juicy Couture bag. I can't get it out. I tried hairspray, but it started to discolor the leather. Does anyone know what I can do to save it?

Allie from Ohio

Pen on a Leather Purse

I had l large blue ink biro mark on my Prada beige leather bag and on the inside loads of them caused by a friend borrowing and leaving a lid off pen inside. I used acetone on a cotton bud and repeatedly rubbed gently waited to dry and continued. It worked. You can then use saddle soap or mink oil to put the oils back in the leather but mink oil will darken the leather just a touch. Try on the inside somewhere first. The oils will protect your bag from water marks anyway if you go out in the rain. Good Luck (06/15/2006)

By Susan, Estero Florida

Pen on a Leather Purse

Don't try hairspray, that's mostly for clothes not expensive brand bags. (08/12/2006)

By Katie

Pen on a Leather Purse
Leather Purse
Cleaning Oil Stains on a Leather Purse
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Leather Wallet
Re-dyeing Leather
photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 8:17:35 PM on in 926 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.