Pen on a Leather Purse

I have pen marks on my Italian leather pocketbook. I tried using hairspray and a spot remover pen, but nothing has worked. The leather is soft, and the color is tan. The pen is black. Help.

Priscilla from Hartford, CT

Pen on a Leather Purse

Go to your local furniture store- tell them that you have ink on your leather and see if they can give you a cleaner. I have done this with several of my Coach and Dooney purses- works like a charm. (03/09/2009)

By vcphillips

Pen on a Leather Purse

A friend stayed over night and while I was making supper, let her young son draw all over my cream leather couch. She told me, "Oh, he writes on ours all the time, it just wipes right off!" Turns out hers is vinyl, not real leather. I scrubbed mine with Crest toothpaste (not the gel), it took me a couple of hours, but it all came out. I've used this on velvet dining room chair upholstery, as well. Must be the white paste, the colored paste will leave the color behind. (03/10/2009)

By catastrofy

Pen on a Leather Purse
Leather Purse
Cleaning Oil Stains on a Leather Purse
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Leather Wallet
Re-dyeing Leather
photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture