Perfect Ponytail Tips

I have long hair and a part on top of my my head that separates the hair, it won't go away. I want to be able to put my hair into a perfect ponytail, but my part line never goes away. How can I make it go away?

Jitterbug from Oneonta, AL

Answers:

Perfect Ponytail Tips

Well, parts are a natural part of our hair. However, you could try a good firm hair gel on both sides of the part (and on the part itself) then comb it straight toward the ponytail, allowing the gel to set/dry after the ponytail is in place. It's certainly worth a try. Also, when your hair is wet (after shampoo), try using the gel in the natural part area. Hope this helps. (01/23/2006)

By Luvyabye

Perfect Ponytail Tips

You could also try backcombing or "teasing" the hair on the part. Just backcomb the 1/2 inch of hair closest to your head. Then just smooth over while putting your hair in a pony tail. It may take a few tries before you get the hang of it. (01/24/2006)

By Fran Marie

Perfect Ponytail Tips

Since my hair has grown longer, I find that if I do a ponytail with the top half of my hair pulled back I can then make a ponytail the regular way incorporating that one with it and then pulling the ponytail holder out of the top one. Once I comb the tail then both halves come together without a part. Hope this helps. (01/25/2006)

By craigandnay

Perfect Ponytail Tips

When you are putting your hair back in a ponytail just take a brush and stroke it over your part. Hair will cover the part up and it will not be visible. (12/17/2006)

By Lindsey

Perfect Ponytail Tips

You should train your hair. After you shower, while your hair is still damp and pliable, "flip" your hair by bending over and brush out your part as best you can while bent over. Still bent over, tie your hair in a tight, high ponytail. It will probably be messy. You can sleep in it or just wear it around the house. Do this over the course of a few days. Hopefully, it will get easier and easier until it is "trained" to do it.

Hope this helps. (06/19/2007)

By JulleyBug

Perfect Ponytail Tips
Valentine's Cake Pops, A row of cake pops with Red Velvet centers.
Valentine's Cake Pops
making a turkey breast
Cooking a Perfect Turkey Breast
brightly colored comforter and matching pillow
Altering a Comforter
Pony Tail Holder
Making Your Own Pony Tail Holder
🎄
🍂