Permanent Marker Stain on Carpet

I have a stain in the carpet from non-washable marker. I'm thinking of cutting out the area and replacing it with a new piece so I'm looking for tips to do it right the first time. The stain is right when you walk through the doorway so it's not possible to cover it up. We are also selling this house and I want it to look nice.

Thanks for any advice!

Mik from WI

Answers:

Permanent Marker Stain on Carpet

It happened to me. We had just laid the carpet and my 2year old nephew colored me a beautiful picture with a black sharpie on my white carpet. We used something called Spot Shot its in a blue can and has orange writing on it. It came from walley world. You couldn't tell the marker was there. (09/19/2006)

By SAHMof4

Permanent Marker Stain on Carpet

Thanks SAHM of 4. I'll try it. I went on crayola.com into their stain site and it reccomends rubbing alcohol, then another cleaner if needed. I'll try you idea and respond back some time. I'm wondering if I use too many different cleaners, if they'll be affected and not work as good. Guess I'll find out! (09/21/2006)

Permanent Marker Stain on Carpet

If you can't do it "right" (with a perfectly matched piece, etc.), then intentionally do it different. If it's right in front of the door, go to a local home depot or lowes and purchase just enough ceramic or hardwood tile to do a 3' section in front of the door. It will look itentional. If it is an internal room doorway (bedroom), there's nothing wrong with using nice floor mats (oriental looking rugs you could find at TJ Maxx) in "high traffic" areas. Nobody will think anything of it. (09/21/2006)

By CarlaJS

Permanent Marker Stain on Carpet
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
Blue Jeans
Removing Permanent Marker on Jeans
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎉
🎄