Permanent Marker and Ballpoint Ink on Vinyl/Leather Couch

My kid scribbled on the arm of my beige loveseat with permanent black marker about a month ago, then 2 weeks ago she set a pen on my sofa that exploded and left big blue blotches on the top and side of it.

We have tried everything: fingernail polish remover, vinegar, Magic Eraser, and hairspray; nothing has worked. They are faded now, but still very noticeable.

I'm not sure if the fabric is vinyl or leather, if that helps. Any suggestions to get it out completely without destroying my couch?

By jswen

Well, anything you attempt for removing the ink is sure to remove the color of the leather as well... you may want to try some Automotive Leather Cleaners but as you state, there are so much ink on the arms, top and side that you'd have to be better than a professional to complete the task without it being noticeable. Have you tried using some Saddle Soap?

1) Do not purchase 'permanent' markers if your kid has access to them. ... -permanent-marker-leather-seats.html

Vinyl Couches
Removing Ink on Vinyl
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJune 10, 2011
Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch
Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Leather
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather