Permanent Marker on Upholstery

How do I get permanent marker out of a car's upholstery?

Meagan from Gadsden, AL

Answers:

Permanent Marker on Upholstery

My son did the same thing, and 409 got it out for me. Just spray and blot. (10/29/2007)

By cantmissamy

Permanent Marker on Upholstery

I tried a bunch of different things, first dawn liquid dish soap, spray -n- wash, gel shout, and then read about hair spray, I used Suave. It looks like it might be a little lighter after using the hair spray but will have to let it dry and see in the morning. Oh, my couch is tan microfiber. I'll post in the morning. (12/08/2007)

By Michelle

Permanent Marker on Upholstery

I came back to say that after using the hair spray, it did come out most of the way. It is still faintly there. (12/11/2007)

By MIchelle

Permanent Marker on Upholstery

I had the same problem, my daughter got pen on our leather couch. Nail polish remover worked wonders, and now my 4 year old son had fun with a green permanent marker, on my fridge, pantry doors, and living room furniture. I'm gonna try hairspray now. I've tried toothpaste, and that only worked on the wood part, so we'll see. (02/02/2008)

By relieved!

Permanent Marker on Upholstery

I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this. My daughter got black permanent marker on my microfiber sofa sectional. I just used "Rave" hairspray, blotted it up, sprayed again, got a wet towel and blotted it again, and it is COMPLETELY gone. You are all life savers. Thank you! (05/28/2008)

By Andrea

Permanent Marker on Upholstery

Just been shown a really good way of removing it. Paint over it with white board marker, then use a wet wipe to rub off. It all came off first time! I am amazed. (01/19/2009)

By Eileen S.

Permanent Marker on Upholstery

I used hair spray and fingernail polish remover both on a tan microfiber couch (blue ink) and it came out real great! (01/31/2009)

By shelly

Permanent Marker on Upholstery
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎉
🎄