Permanent Marker on Upholstery

A 3 year old, a marker, and a cherished heirloom don't mix well at all. I am in tears. How do I remove permanent marker from my deceased grandmother's fabric living room chair? It is a formal living room chair. It is black marker.

By tamsdilemma2009 from Woodstock, GA

Answers:

Permanent Marker on Upholstery

You might try this on a dime sized spot. Get some old rags to hold underneath the area you are testing and to blot with. Go to Walmart and get the 91 percent rubbing alcohol. Pour a bit into a small dish and dip a cotton ball into the alcohol until it's wet, but just short of dripping. Press into
a small spot on the fabric, wait 1 minute or less if it starts to run, and blot. Repeat and see if it starts to come out.

Last month I realized I'd used a permanent marker on my dry erase board and removed it with rubbing alcohol. I just happened to have the super strength, regular is 70 per cent, and I think the extra alcohol helps.

If you have gin or vodka around, just use that. Even better. (10/05/2009)

By PIKKA

Permanent Marker on Upholstery

Same thing happened to me: 2 year old with a black Sharpie to the sectional. We got Fragra-matics Dri-Foaming Spot Remover from Fragra-Matics Manufacturing, Inc. Pine Bluff, Arkansas. 501-535-5777. I think it was around $20, but well worth it. All traces came out after blotting at it every day for about 2 weeks. Fabric wasn't lightened or damaged that we could tell. Good luck! (10/08/2009)

By elle1972

Permanent Marker on Upholstery

Ink Away made by GooGone! It states that it removes ink stains from fabrics and upholstery. I used it on the seats of my van that the kids wrote on with a black Sharpie, and it took it off. It comes in a small bottle (2 fl.oz.) and I got it at either Lowe's or Menards. It's not for use on suede or leather. Good luck. I know your pain when it comes to kids finding a marker. (06/13/2010)

By pakjc

Permanent Marker on Upholstery
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎉
🎄