Pet Goat Photos

Category Other
Pet Goat
These playful, mischievous animals can be fun pets and give you fresh milk. This page contains pet goat photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
My children and I recently went to a county fair. They had many animal barns where the you could see and pet all the animals. This goat really caught our eye, in the midst of all the noise and commotion, he was peacefully sleeping on another goat. We couldn't help but think he was smiling!! He looked so peaceful and cozy.

Photo Location
Allegan, Michigan

Comment Like this photo? 29

Vincent Van Goat is approximately 1 year old. He is a La Mancha (earless breed) goat. We rescued him from an animal shelter when he was a baby.

He likes to sneak into the tackroom and eat cat food. He's a delightful creature with a wonderful sense of humor!

By Pam from Denton, TX

Comment Like this photo? 14

Jilly Goat is about 8 years old. She is mostly Angora. Jilly was given to us from a friend about a year ago. She loves being petted, eating, and playing with her pal, Itty Bitty (another goat).

Jilly is full of personality! There is a misconception that goats eat anything and are cranky. Perhaps some are, but not Jilly! She is particular about what she eats, and loves most people. I love spending time with Jilly who always brightens up my day!

By Lynette

Jilly (Angora Goat)

Comment Like this photo? 21

Meet Patches and Mary, two of three of my grandparents' goats. Patches and Mary are both a few years old. Mary's been in the competition before, but this is Patches' first time. I was out visiting and busted up laughing when I saw the goats fearlessly hop onto Grandma and Grandpa's old beater. This is their favorite place to hang out. I took quite a few pictures, but I loved this one, seeing as how Patches is winking. I absolutely adore goats. They have some of the biggest personalities!

Patches is known for being extremely playful. He'll walk straight up to you, jump in the air, and curve his neck as if to head butt you. He never actually strikes, but he'll get in your way, making sure you notice him, and keep it up until he gets ample attention. Most of the time, this is his way of saying he wants the spot between his horns scratched. At other times, he just wants to wrestle around! :)

Patches plays with humans while Mary plays with grandma and grandpa's other pygmy goat. They all can be a little nervous, but, in the end, they all love scratches and attention. (And, of course, a little grain never hurts.) I just love goats and can hardly wait for my husband and I to get into a home where we can have a few of our own. I grew up on a farm and had three pygmy goats at one point as a child. I miss them terribly.

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Patches and Mary on a Car

Comment Like this photo? 11

Foster Freeze is a 3 month old goat we got from friends. He hangs out with the dogs and my horse. Foster loves being with people. He will come into the house lay down and sleep. Here he is sleeping on the ottoman in front of the dog.

By Glassdr2 from Perris, CA

Goat and Dog on Sofa

Comment Like this photo? 7

I bought George and Snap when I saw a sign posted at the local tractor supply store. We bought them to save money on gas for mowing by letting them eat the grass, we have 25 acres. We are making them a playground with free things we can find. These two love to play King of the Mountain. We picked up a stray Beagle dog who loves to play tag with them too. They can really make you laugh! Snap, the black and white goat, is going to have babies any day. Our first and we can't wait. George, the white and brown goat, is a Fainter. If he gets scared, he gets stiff and falls down. This lasts around 15 seconds. It is his breed.

By Esstar from Plainfield, OH

One goat on plastic corrgated pipe and other standing in yard.

Comment Like this photo? 2

This is a goat that lives down the railroad tracks from my house. My niece and I walk down to the goats and feed them grass and flowers every now and then.

Mini Goat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

The goat was posing for me to take photos. She was really showing off. LOL

A brown goat standing in a fenced area.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

(Billy Goat) Gruff was born on August 2, 2007. He is a newborn Pygmy/Fainting Goat. Snap the Pygmy mom finally had her kid on Thursday. Gruff loves to jump and play already.

billy goat kid

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

She was born August 13th. She likes to wander around and eat. She is a calmer goat than the other three, also she is a small goat.

Deloris (La Mancha Saanen Cross- Goat) - white goat in pen

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Pictured from left to right, MoMo, Georgia (MoMo's mom), Baby, Baby's kid Fancy and our "great kid" John Hall.

John Hall and Goats

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Mary is a 7 year old Pygmy goat. When I was in high school, my mother ran a daycare service out of our country home. Two little girls, who she watched, lived just down the road from us.

White Pygmy Goat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4