Pet Hair on Microfiber

We recently purchased a microfiber couch and its beautiful. However, our dog is currently shedding as a result of her being pregnant. We have attempted to vacuum it off. How do I get rid of the pet hair that is clinging to the couch we love?

J.M. from Sterling, CO

Answers:

Pet Hair on Microfiber

Have you tried using a rubber glove to wipe the hair? It works on regular furniture but I have had no experience with microfiber furniture. It's certainly worth a try. (02/26/2006)

By Luvyabye

Pet Hair on Microfiber

I have the same problem with my six cats. I was told to use a damp sponge and just wipe it off. I vacuumed the couch first then used the damp sponge. It worked OK - I think if I did it once a week it would work very well. (02/26/2006)

By Shea

Pet Hair on Microfiber

Spray endust on a cloth then gently wipe your couch it will repel the animal hair. (02/26/2006)

By barbaglia

Pet Hair on Microfiber

I am looking at purchasing a Microfiber couch and I also have animals. The salesman told me to spray Static Guard on the furniture and then vacuum. I don't know if this works so you probably want to try a small area, but he said he uses this method for his Microfiber furniture. (02/26/2006)

By buddy!

Pet Hair on Microfiber

A wide strip of tape like sealing tape, or the sticky window envelopes used by UPS/FedEx works well to remove a few layers of fur!; follow with a damp sponge or a sponge available at pet shops for removing pet hair. (02/27/2006)

By slw1299

Pet Hair on Microfiber

I use a sticky-tape roller on all of my upholstered furniture, including microfiber, and it works really well. I get the rollers at the dollar stores and they last quite a long time. You just peel off the used part of the tape when you get through, and you have a new sticky tape available. Needless to say, I go through a lot of tape as I have a constantly shedding pomeranian, an old Pekingese who sheds, and a solid black cat who also sheds. (02/27/2006)

P.S. The sticky tape roller also works well on your clothing. I always get hair on me when I'm around my pets, don't you? (02/27/2006)

Pet Hair on Microfiber

We have two major shedding felines and two microfiber couches. We use a soft rubber brush thing that is sold for the purpose of removing pet hair, and it works very well. (02/27/2006)

By Susanna

Pet Hair on Microfiber

Just wipe with a cloth dampened (not wet, just damp) in bucket of water with a little fabric softener added. (02/28/2006)

By brenda thompson

Pet Hair on Microfiber

As I sit here with 3 rescue cats piled on top of me I feel your pain. They want me to tell you about a wonderful product Pet Hair Magnet by Petmate, you can find it at most pet stores and wow. It looks like something you would scrape your windshield with and you use it very much the same way. A quick tip, if there is a lot of hair and/or it is fly away have your vacuum close by, it normally rolls the fur into long strips but sometimes with fine hair it drags it in a pile but not easy to pick up. Tip #2 if you have carpeted stairs and you just can't ever get the hair up this thing is great. (03/30/2006)

By scooby.

Pet Hair on Microfiber

I have a microsuede couch and I vacuum the bottom of it twice a week to keep up with the dog. In the summer I cover it with a cotton throw cover. (03/30/2006)

By camo_angels

Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎉
🎄