Pet Hair on Microfiber

We have a new brown microfiber sofa, loveseat and recliner, and we are having troubles getting dog hair off it. We tried the lint brush did not work well. We also have a cat that sneezes a lot and leaves her sneezes on the furniture (when we find it it is hard). Any ideas?

Donna from MD

Answers:

Pet Hair on Microfiber

I bought a microfiber couch in March '06 and have been having major problems. What I thought was pet hair on my couch was actually the stuffing coming up through the material! Plus I am having other issues with the microfiber as well like tearing at the button holes. If you constantly see little white "hairs" coming up through the material, call the manufacturer. The couch repair guy said that this material must have come from a bad roll! I am in the process of exchanging this set for a whole new set! As for the real pet hair issues most of the time I will just put a sheet over the couches, or just vacuum it off everyday. (01/09/2007)

By kimmcg

Pet Hair on Microfiber

The rubber glove WORKS! I am pet sitting a boxer for a month and she is nothing but a ball of tiny white hairs... covering everything in my beautiful studio apartment. I was told about the rubber brush ("zoom groom" is one brand) but I haven't come across one so I tried putting on a rubber cleaning glove and passing that over the cushions.. works like a wonder. Thanks! (02/19/2007)

By Allison

Pet Hair on Microfiber

I am having the same problem the vacuum does not work the hair seems to be clinging to the sofa. The tape takes forever, any other suggestions? I also have a lot of other things, like strings, lint from a blanket, etc. I will never buy microfiber again!

(07/30/2007)

By holly

Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎉
🎄