Pet Health Insurance

Does anyone have any feedback on pet health insurance? How much does it cost, is it worth it? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sam

Answers:

Pet Health Insurance

I don't know that you would call it insurance, but we have a wellness plan with Banfield. It prepays for all the shots and tests that would be needed and gives comprehensive check up twice a year. When you sign up a puppy you are given the choice of a free neuter or spay, or bone scan. I find it invaluable for me as we have 2 animals and always have had trouble finding the money to take care of shots, let alone check ups to catch any problem early. (03/15/2005)

By johnsonya

Pet Health Insurance

sorry, I forgot to mention the cost. The cost is nominal. It costs us approx. $12 for our cat and $15 monthly for the dog. (03/15/2005)

By johnsonya

Pet Health Insurance

I had pet insurance for both of our dogs, one of them just a puppy about 8 or 10 weeks, they would not cover anything other than his regular check ups. BECAUSE of his breed! The other had a major problem before I got the insurance, I was paying 153 bucks a months, and it did not help me out at all. I think in almost a year I got back about 20 bucks from the insurance co. Even our vet told me to drop it! (03/15/2005)

By Rosa

Pet Health Insurance

According to Consumer Reports, pet health insurance is usually not worth the cost. Unless you have an animal who has known tendencies toward hereditary problems or who is very accident-prone, you end up paying more in premiums than you get back in benefits.

Consumer Reports recommends instead that you set up a savings account that you regularly add money to, and keep that set aside for veterinarian expenses. That way if you need it it's there, but if you don't need it you still have the money. (03/15/2005)

By

Pet Health Insurance

We purchased pet insurance for our Yorkie when he was about a year old. Previously, the vet found a small heart murmur when he was a few months old. Obviously the heart murmur would have been a pre-existing condition, but after we got the insurance any time we submitted a claim that even mentioned "heart" (heart rate, etc.) the claim would be denied, leading to many letters from vets to the company. This plan that we had did not cover routine shots and check ups.
We canceled it. Wasn't worth our money or time! (03/16/2005)

By

Pet Health Insurance

It's pretty expensive. I would say unless you suspect you will have problems its not worth it. The one I looked at was min 35$CAN a month up to 70$ for the 1 visit a year that costs 200$ not worth it.

(04/19/2005)

By angie79

Health Insurance Claims Paperwork
Organizing Health Insurance Paperwork
Saving Money on Health Insurance, Health Insurance Paperwork
Saving Money on Health Insurance
A new home.
Saving Money on Home Owner's Insurance
🎉
🎄