Pet Odors on Carpet

Please somebody help due to not wanting to see dogs put to sleep we have acquired 7 dogs that people have dump out on road or have moved off and left to die. My hubby and I are both disabled and the dogs have all decided to start using the bathroom inside and they all know how to go out their doggie door and now I need to try to get the smell out of carpet to try to get them to going outside.

Please help.

ANITA from PRATTVILLE, AL

Answers:

Pet Odors on Carpet

Anita
You have a big heart but with you and your Hubby being disabled, how can you keep all the dogs? as for using the doggie doors,get a fly swatter and with a small slap or two on the bottom and yelled "OUTSIDE" they should get the message. as for the odor,the best thing is plain old Vinegar .! I had a puppy that thought the inside was for peeing on the floor and the outside was for running and playing.HA a water bottle with sprayer also works when they start to go pee...I've found my dogs don't like the smell of Carpet deodorizer so after shampooing,I sprinkle the floor with the powder and it keeps the dog smell down. .an ad in the paper might find good homes for the dogs you can't keep. (01/19/2007)

By Sweet Peaches

Pet Odors on Carpet

I understand not wanting to get rid of your dogs and how they can pull at your heartstrings. I have two dogs that were headed to the pound. In a spray bottle, I mix 1/2 cup of white vinegar,1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide and 2 drops of dish detergent. For individual spots, soak up what you can and spray (soak) with mixture. Let set for at least 10 minutes and soak that up. In my shampooer I use 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup fabric softener and fill the tank with almost boiling water. This works for me. (01/19/2007)

By msettamae2