Pet Stain Removal

To remove cat or dog urine stain and odor, this is the only thing I have ever found that really works. Mix 2 tsp. of dish liquid with 2 tsp. of baking soda into a bowl or pitcher with 16 oz. of hydrogen peroxide. Pour it directly on the spot for odor removal. Let dry naturally. Odor will be completely gone. To find spots, use a black light.

I have used this recipe in my carpet cleaning machine when my cat had a 'bathroom problem' and I wasn't sure where all he urinated. Do not save the mixture, use it all. I have spent endless dollars on products and carpet cleaners, including professionals. None of them work. This does!

If there is a stain from feces, try to remove when wet. Wipe up debris with washcloth, spray on shout stain remover to soften, rub until stain disappears.

By A. Cope

Editor's Note: As with any cleaning solution, it's best to pretest it on an inconspicuous piece of carpet or a carpet remnant.

Answers:

Pet Stain Removal

When using in a carpet cleaning machine, do you increase the amounts or just dilute it in the tank with plain water? Or is it in addition to regular carpet cleaner for machines? (02/26/2005)

By Leann

Pet Stain Removal

I would suggest using gloves when working with any strong cleanser, and would normally put the pet in the next room while cleaning. I've heard that hydrogen peroxide is a nice one to use (on anything that won't be discolored), because it will break down promptly when exposed to light and air. Of course, most chemicals I'd consider for cleaning, such as bleach and soaps do not break down, so you would end up with a bit of their residue still in the carpet. (09/11/2009)

By btoblake

Cleaning Carpet
Removing Pet Stains from Carpet
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Fels Naptha Soap
Buying Fels Naptha Soap
Pug puppy wearing devil horns and tail costume laying with head down next to cleaning bucket with rubber gloves, sponges, and various cleaning supplies
Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄