Pet Urine Stains on Hardwood Floors

How do I get black urine spots from my dogs out of my hardwood floor?

By Betty1234

Answers:

Pet Urine Stains on Hardwood Floors

I'm sorry, you'll have to sand them. But you could try "OUT!". It has an enzyme that "eats" the urine. But I'm pretty sure the dark stain is permanent. (07/14/2009)

By Cyinda

Pet Urine Stains on Hardwood Floors

I had the same issue, wherein I removed carpet in an older home to find nasty black last-owners' animal urine stains marring the gorgeous hardwood floors. After frustratingly sanding with an orbital sander, I was unable to remove them hardly at all. I then covered the entire black-stained area with paper towels, and next soaked them with Hydrogen Peroxide. I covered the entire affected area with a couple of garbage bags to seal it in, and let stand for about an hour. Repeated 2x, since it was really bad.

I pulled the stuff off, and wiped semi-dry with more paper towels, and covered the entire area with extra sanding-dust from the dust collector of the sander, to sop up the remaining moisture. I vacuumed the moist dust up, let it dry fully in the air, left for a couple of hours, and came home to see that the stain was completely gone! Amazing super-cheap solution! (08/13/2009)

By richieoliver

A dog laying on a hardwood floor.
Removing Pet Urine Stains from Hardwood Floors
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄