Pet Urine Stains on Hardwood Floors

How do I get black urine stains, from my dog, off a hardwood floor?

By Olwynnel from Alna, ME

Answers:

Pet Urine Stains on Hardwood Floors

I seriously doubt it's entirely redeemable, but for starters, I'd go to a pet or janitorial supply place and get the enzyme odor stuff. It dissolves organic residues, so it might remove some of the stain. I'd apply once, leave and observe for a few days. If it helps, see how far it will take the process of removing the stain.

After a few weeks, if the stain is better, try a q-tip with bleach water in a tiny spot. Sometimes bleach water removes stains from wood. Then wood needs to be sanded as the grain will be raised. Then it will need to be re-stained to match the rest of floor and varnished. That's if it is an old floor.

If it's a new floor, maybe just buy some replacement pieces, skip all of the above, and replace the damaged pieces. (08/25/2009)

By PIKKA

A dog laying on a hardwood floor.
Removing Pet Urine Stains from Hardwood Floors
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄