Pickled Eggs Recipe

How do you make pickled eggs? Also what is the BEST way to hard boil eggs?

Marjorie from Michigan

Pickled Eggs Recipe

Best way to boil eggs.

Place eggs in pan with ample room for movement. Fill pan with cool tap water at least 1" over top of eggs. Put pan in high heat on stove. Once it begins to boil, set a timer for ten minutes. Immediately pour out the boiling water (without dumping out the eggs- tricky) and refill pan with cool tap water. Don't let water "run", just fill once and let pan sit until eggs are barely warm to room temp(about 10 minutes or so.) Dump water and rattle the eggs gently around pan to break shells. Eggs shells should now easily slip off leaving perfect boiled eggs. (04/30/2007)

By sweetcultivator

Pickled Eggs Recipe

Hi Marjorie, when boiling the eggs, add a small amount of table salt to the water. It will be easier to remove the shells. (04/30/2007)

By Tedebear

Pickled Eggs Recipe

My son-in-law just LOVES pickled beet eggs. I hard boil and peel several for him and add a can of pickled beets. Let them sit for a few days in the fridge, turning at least once a day. I use a gallon freezer bag. It takes less room. (04/30/2007)

By Margie

Pickled Eggs Recipe

Thank you all for your feedback on how to make pickled eggs. I have made 2 different kinds now, and feel like an expert egg pickler! Marjorie from Michigan (04/30/2007)

By Margeth

Pickled Eggs Recipe

Here is my recipe: Large jar, dozen hardboiled eggs.

In pan on stove heat 2 reg. size cans of red beets, 2 cups of water, 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of vinegar. Also add, wrapped in cheese cloth or a half of a new handiwipe closed with a twisty, about 1/4 cup of pickling spice

Heat this until hot, meanwhile peel your eggs and put them in the jar.

When your mixture has cooled slightly, pour it all into the jar, along with the beets. Cool the entire jar and refrigerate. I usually let them pickle for about 2 or 3 days before eating. After that time take the pickling bag out and throw it away.

Also, if you find they are not red enough, add a few drops of red food coloring and your eggs will be deeply colored into the egg.

Now, I will say this, this recipe tends to make the eggs on the sweet pickled side rather than the sour, which I like. If you prefer sour, use more vinegar.

Before anyone panics about the use of the handiwipe part, I have been doing it this way for years and years with never a problem. If you are uncomfortable with this part, use cheese cloth tied closed or simply put the spices in loose. (05/01/2007)

By fauxpaslover

A jar of hard boiled eggs in a pickling solution.
Pickled Eggs Recipes
empty egg carton
Substitution For Eggs in Recipes
Pickled Okra
Pickled Okra Recipes
Pickled Beets
Pickled Beets Recipes
bowl of red, green, and black grapes
Pickled Grape Recipes