Pinto Bean Pie

I am looking for a recipe for pinto bean pie. It might be called "Soup Bean Pie". I had this pie several years ago and the person that had made it has passed away. I hope you can help me. I would like to try to make it for my family.

Leila from Lexington, KY

Answers:

Pinto Bean Pie

Hi Leila! There are a few recipes on the internet. I saw one with coconut, but this one doesn't have coconut in it. You can look for more by keying "Pinto Bean Pie Recipe" in your search engine. Here's just one:

http://www.recipezaar.com/28902 (01/23/2006)

By Luvyabye

Pinto Bean Pie

My mom use to make it for us. It was called Mock Pecan Pie. See if you can find the recipe under this name. (01/23/2006)

By Cheryl

Pinto Bean Pie

When I got this recipe a few years ago I just couldn't bring myself to try it for a long time. Pinto Bean pie sounds very strange. When I did get the nerve to try it, I was pleasantly surprised. This pie tastes a lot like pecan pie. Just be sure to mash the beans up very well.

Pinto Bean Pie

• 1/2 cup pinto beans, mashed while hot
  • 1 stick melted butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup coconut
  • 2 eggs, beaten well
Mash beans, stir in butter, sugar, coconut, vanilla. Pour into a pie shell and bake 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. It's actually pretty good!! (01/23/2006)

By Connie A.

Pinto Beans on White Background
Recipes Using Pinto Beans
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
black bean burger
Bean Burger Recipes
Scattering of dried pinto beans with red peppers and cilantro. Cooking Dried Beans
Freezing Pinto Beans
Kidney Bean Salad
Kidney Bean Salad Recipes
🎉
🎄