Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Pitting Cherries

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Pitting Cherries With Cherry Pitter

If you don't have a cherry pitter when the cherries are ripe, it helps to a easy way to pit them. This guide is about pitting cherries.

Solutions: Pitting Cherries

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Wide Straw Cherry Pitter

I have to give my daughter Sabrina credit for this one. We were discussing pits in cherries last week, and she told me what she had discovered. If you save a firm, wider straw from one of the many fast food places, they are perfect for pitting cherries! She said the width is perfect and the firmer ones don't cave.

I have not tried it yet, but she and her friends swear by it.

Something so simple can save so much work. It just amazes me.

Source: My daughter told me about this one.

By Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Pitting Cherries.

Question: Pitting Cherries Without a Pitter

What is the best/easiest way to remove the pits from fresh cherries if you do not have a cherry pitting machine? Cherries are supposed to be really good for arthritis and I would like to get them now and freeze them for smoothies.

By Barbara from Middletown, DE

Most Recent Answer

By Jonnie Shambarger [2]08/10/2010

I like to use a vegetable peeler. Just insert the cupped end into the stem end of the cherry and pull the pit out. Be sure to hold the cherries over the receiving container so as to retain all the juice.