Pitting Cherries

If you don't have a cherry pitter when the cherries are ripe, it helps to a easy way to pit them. This guide is about pitting cherries.

Pitting Cherries With Cherry Pitter
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have to give my daughter Sabrina credit for this one. We were discussing pits in cherries last week, and she told me what she had discovered. If you save a firm, wider straw from one of the many fast food places, they are perfect for pitting cherries! She said the width is perfect and the firmer ones don't cave.

I have not tried it yet, but she and her friends swear by it.

Something so simple can save so much work. It just amazes me.

Source: My daughter told me about this one.

By Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What is the best/easiest way to remove the pits from fresh cherries if you do not have a cherry pitting machine? Cherries are supposed to be really good for arthritis and I would like to get them now and freeze them for smoothies.

By Barbara from Middletown, DE

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I like to use a vegetable peeler. Just insert the cupped end into the stem end of the cherry and pull the pit out. Be sure to hold the cherries over the receiving container so as to retain all the juice.

Read More Answers...
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJuly 10, 2012
Cordial Cherry
Recipes Using Cordial Cherries
Pile of red cherries.
Storing Cherries
glass plate with chocolate dipped cherries
Making Chocolate Covered Cherries
Frozen cherries.
Freezing Cherries
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 4, 2016 at 8:10:24 PM on 10.0.2.132 in 574 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.