Place a Wet Washcloth on Neck To Stay Cool

In today's ThriftyFun Tips, you asked for suggestions on keeping cool. When I go places out doors, I always carry a wash cloth with me. This I will wet and lay around the back of my neck. It keeps me cool for quite a while and I can always find a place to rewet it as needed. Also I am never without my trusty water bottle for drinking.

By Tupe from Tupelo, OK

Answers:

I read somewhere quite awhile back - that if you run cold water on the insides of your wrists you will cool down -- I have done this and it seems to work ! (07/19/2007)

By melody_yesterday

I can remember as a child/young person,my mother always had a wet wash cloth around her neck in the summer. I thought she was crazy then. I have since put on a "few"pounds and have actually used my Mom's remedy for keeping cool especially where there is no air conditioning. (07/19/2007)

By bjptl

I like that a lot better than the bandannas with gel crystals in them. My bandanna went moldy, seemed like it was only good for one use! A washcloth would stay a lot cleaner and be much easier to remoisten, no long soaking. Thanks! Good timing, mid summer! (07/20/2007)

By kimhis

Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
A woman in a white t-shirt grabbing her sore neck.
Avoiding Neck Strain
Cat Scratching Its Neck
Cat Scratching Its Neck
Making a Neck Pillow
Making a Neck Pillow
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 12:39:41 AM on 10.0.1.229 in 947 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.