Planning a 25th Wedding Anniversary With Renewal Of Vows

My husband and I plan on getting remarried on our 25th anniversary (01/26/2012). We live on a small disability check (1500 monthly), and I would like to start getting ideas and planning for it now. I already know who will be the bridesmaids, ring bearer, flower girls, and best man. Just would like some ideas on planning a inexpensive wedding. I'm a plus-size woman, so I need an ideas on a dress. I want my colors to be purple and black. Thank you.

ysleta from Fletcher, OK

Answers:

We just had a party for my parent's 25th. They didn't renew their vows, but it was a wedding like atmosphere. We "borrowed" their original cake top and put it on a round two layer cake we made ourselves. We had things like their photo album to pass around, and pictures of them younger. Their original colors were blue and yellow, and we had white paper table cloths and plates and used yellow plastic ware and napkins. Balloons provided the rest of the color. We also played music from that time too. We had 50-60 people and it didn't cost us much, everyone spent so much time catching up on not seeing each other, the night went so fast.

For your gown, check out resale shops, you could find at least a dress to work from (add ribbon, hem and change sleeves). For flowers, check the local supermarket, their prices are usually really good, and you can do the work yourself making centerpieces and your bouquet.
Keep it simple. (12/16/2007)

By Tracy In NH

I'm plus size too and I went to Dillards after the holidays and bought an evening gown for under $100.00. I bought flowers at the craft store and the boys wore slacks and dress shirts and the girls gowns from same place. We paid for almost all of it. We rented a hall through Goodwill Industries with a sit down dinner for $14.00 per person. We guaranteed 50. I spent my money on my hair and make up, because I wanted to feel special. All in all we spent under $3000.00 and that included my mom's plane ticket, hair, makeup, and dress, so take your time and shop around. Have fun and congrats. (12/20/2007)

By Denise W.

Double heart shaped chocolate cake that says "Wedding Anniversary" with a 25 decoration.  Black and white wedding picture in the background
Planning a 25th Anniversary with Renewal of Vows
Anniversary Party
25th Anniversary Party Ideas
25th Anniversary Gift
25th Anniversary Gift Ideas
holding wedding rings
Ideas for Renewing Your Vows
Renewing Vows in a Wedding Dress
Choosing a Dress to Renew Your Vows
🎄